Monday, October 19, 2009

My Theme Song

Perhaps never before have song lyrics been so fitting:

Every other day, every other day,

Every other day of the week is fine, yeah

But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes

You can find me cryin' all of the time


Thanks to The Mamas and The Papas for their melodic motivation - as
Inigo Montoya said, "Let me explain. No there is to much, let me sum up."

I'm moonlighting as a nurse once again, as Lilly has ... well ... something. The fever has dipped to the 99 degree range, but she can can't shake it. This morning, there's pink in the eyes - we have a noon appointment with the doctor.

Let me give some major props to Barb, Meg and the good people at Thurmont Middle School. They have graciously covered for me when daddy duties have come up. They are a family-first outfit, and I appreciate them for it.

This Monday also brings about another reflection on a Ravens loss. Yet again, another entertaining (or gut-wrenching) late 4th quarter loss. And who do we blame this week? The popular goat is the kicker - He-Who-Should-Not-Be-Named-That-Replaced-Matt-Stover. But I disagree.

How about we put the spotlight on Ray Ray and the vaunted defense? In six games, the team has allowed 130 points - that's more than 20 per game. In the three defeats, Ray Ray and friends have let up 33, 17 and 27 points - that's 77 points ... more than 25 per game. With the exception of the Browns game, the defense has looked ordinary. Some good plays have masked some overall deficiencies.

I think the team misses Rex Ryan and Jim Leonard more than it misses Bart Scott or Matt Stover.

My take on a few other sporting items:

1. Tim Tebow is not healthy, and the Florida Gators look a bit off.

2. The Phillies are good. The Yankees are really good.

3. Brett Favre, who annoys me, was right to un-retire - this time.

4. I'm looking forward to watching the Barry Levinson / ESPN film about the Baltimore Colts Marching Band. But they could have come up with a better title than "The Band that Wouldn't Die" ...

Other blog-worthy items:

Have you ever seen so much rain in one weekend?

Doesn't the "Where The Wild Things Are" flick look a bit dark and menacing?

The Balloon Boy nonsense ... what a fiasco.

If you are looking for a tasty meal, I recommend J&P Pizza - Frederick, Mt. Airy, Eldersburg ... good pizza, subs and Italian fare.

Until next time, be well, and if you have a ham sandwich, be careful.

2 comments:

  1. Stop blogging and take care of that little girl. Let me sum it up for you "life is filled with excitement wether good or bad and as far as sports GO STEELERS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw "Wild Things" and it was quite good ... a bit dark, but I think you (and your daughter) would enjoy it ...

    ReplyDelete