Saturday, July 18, 2009

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes

My summer vacation, so far ...

1. I got a new set of golf clubs - just the irons. Nothing fancy - I bought a used set from a second-hand shop. Those of you in the know are aware that I am not a very accomplished golfer. My father is a pretty accomplished golfer, and has been kind enough to send my way clubs, balls, bags and advice in an attempt to better my game. To date, not much to show for the effort.

Rewind to last Friday - the golf outing in DE with my father-in-law Jim. With his mathematical and engineering brain power, he spent the day analyzing my game and said to me at one point, "Marty, your swing is OK. Your set up is OK. I think it's the clubs."

My clubs are from my dad ... those clubs were custom fit for a man of his height, not mine. Those of you in the know are probably laughing at that mental picture. By the way, does anyone know a good chiropractor?

I was slightly embarrassed that I never came to that realization - I was convinced that all of the bad golf was just my fault.

Now I could blame David. (just kidding).

So I took the new clubs to to the range today and ... not to shabby. I'm actually looking forward to our two rounds this week in Ocean City.

2. I got a pedicure. Pam was leading the chorus of "Your ogre toes will scare people on the beach." So, we sat in side-by-side chairs at the nail shop. Oh the carnage ... oh the inhumanity ... I'm not talking about the pedicure, but rather watching Tiger Woods on the TV in the nail shop. My day was better than his, and I was being jabbed and stabbed by a stranger with metal tools. By the way, the toes look pretty good.

3. Paul Blart - not very funny. We watched it last night. One of us fell asleep. The other one was jealous.


Must finish packing ... me and my ogre toes are hitting the beach tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment